It’s a regular rumour when it comes to James Bond, but not one without anything to base it on.
Earlier this year during press for Dunkirk, Nolan admitted he had had talks with 007 producers about directing a Bond movie, saying he’d want to reinvent the franchise.
While it would sound more likely for Nolan to reboot the franchise after Craig’s departure from the role, it’s currently alleged that the director has already signed on for Bond 25.
However, Baz Bamigboye, Entertainment Columnist for Daily Mail and Bond news go-to guy. responded to the rumour on Twitter having heard what Nolan had to say on the matter firsthand.
He said: “He wasn’t doing it when I spoke to him on Friday! I was interviewing him.”
Of course Bond 25’s director is yet to be announced, so there is the possibility that Nolan is playing it cool until producer Barbara Broccoli is ready to release more information on the movie – something she says fans can expect by New Year.
And let’s not forget that Daniel Craig denied he was returning for Bond 25, even during interviews on the day he officially announced the news.
Craig was saving his announcement for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and apologised for not revealing the truth in that day’s previous junkets for his latest film, Logan Lucky.
James Bond 25 will be released in UK cinemas in November 2019.