PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds recently left Steam early access to become a fully fledged title.
And while Bluehole Inc. managed to removed a good many bugs with its 1.0 launch, there’s still plenty of work to be done.
The new PUBG update released today looks to take on the intermittent lag and character position readjustment issues that have been plaguing players recently.
“Creating a smooth playing environment to allow our players to fully enjoy Battle Royale was one of our top priorities for PC 1.0 launch,” a message from the development team reads.
“However, a multitude of causes have triggered the in-game lag issue to become worse or happen more frequently in the last few weeks. In the process, we were not able to implement the measures to visibly address the issue more quickly.
“Contrary to most expectations, there is a combination of causes that lead to the in-game lag and character position readjustment issues. The issues cannot be attributed to one or two causes and have stemmed from a combination of different factors which is why we need to continuously work on resolving and investigating the problem.
“We upgraded our game engine to the latest version and made changes to the game when we added new content. The problem resulted from these changes as well as several other causes.”
Bluehole say they have removed some inefficiencies in server infrastructure and optimized in-game servers to alleviate the problem.
But while the latest PUBG update will help with these problems, more patches will be needed to completely eliminate them.
“We will be running some internal tests and deploying more updates to gradually mitigate the problem,” the Bluehole statement adds.
“We are currently examining several measures including server optimization and server logic modification to address the multitude of causes. On top of this, we will continue our efforts to further investigate remaining causes.”
The full PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds patch notes can be found below:
- Changed the map selection ratio to be equal for Erangel and Miramar.
- Adjusted replay system so that players can only view game replays from 3 minutes after death.
- This is to prevent sharing opponent’s positions to surviving teammates immediately after death.
- Fixed the issue where some buildings and objects were not marked on the Miramar world map.
- Reduced occurrences of the issue where replays occasionally crashed back to the lobby screen.
- On restarting a replay, it will continue where last viewed.
- Fixed the issue where the beginning of the Death Cam and replay was missing.
- Fixed the issue where players couldn’t earn BP.
- We will update with a compensation plan soon.
- Fixed the issue where players could die unexpectedly from fall damage.
- Fixed the issue where bullets couldn’t penetrate particular fences from both sides.