The new Hearthstone Kobolds and Catacombs update is being released today by the development team, in preparation for tomorrow’s big release.
“In this update we get ready to delve deep into an unexplored underground realm packed with malignant monsters, terrifying traps, and treasures beyond imagination, because Hearthstone’s newest Expansion, Kobolds & Catacombs, arrives starting December 7,” a message from Blizzard explains.
While the new patch is launching now on PC, the mobile version won’t arrive for another few hours.
Everyone should have the new Kobolds and Catacombs patch before December 7 though, with 135 new cards scheduled to launch tomorrow.
And the new cards won’t be the only big bonus, because fans will also get access to the new Dungeon Run mode.
This is a fun little addition which provides repeatable quests that offer more random gameplay.
And some of the new Hearthstone patch notes released with today’s update include some interesting new details for Dungeon Run rewards.
NEW HEARTHSTONE KOBOLDS AND CATACOMBS CARDS CAN BE FOUND BELOW:
- Added three progressive Dungeon Run quests that each reward a Kobolds & Catacombs card pack.
- Defeat Dungeon Run with all nine classes to acquire the Candle King card back
- New repeating daily quest – Spelunker: Defeat 5 Dungeon Run encounters. Reward: 1 Classic card pack.
A Daily Quest that provides 1 classic card pack a day would go down very well with fans not looking to spend a heap on microtransactions.
For those eager to start their new card collections early, Blizzard are providing the usual Log in reward.
This will mean that after release, logging in will provide 3 Kobolds & Catacombs card packs and a random Legendary weapon card, for free.
As mentioned above, Blizzard are also adding three sequential one-time Dungeon Run quests, each one awarding one Kobolds & Catacombs card pack, for a total of three more card packs.
There’s also a Kobolds & Catacombs pre-purchase bundle available until 11:59 p.m. PST December 6, to purchase.
This bundle includes 50 card packs and the For the Hoard! card back.
Patch notes for the new Hearthstone Kobolds and Catacombs update can be found below:
Added the following card backs:
- Azeroth is Burning – Acquired from a special promotion.
- Catacomber – Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, December 2017
- Frostfire – Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, January 2018
Improved reconnection and UI for Friendly Challenges.
- A new Match Paused pop-up will display a countdown while waiting for opponent to reconnect.
- When a player reconnects, the turn timer will restart.
- The Game Menu will now display ‘End Game’ instead of ‘Concede’ and clicking it will tie the match.
- Arena draft appearance rates have been adjusted.
- Note: Non-Basic Neutral Classic minions represent the baseline for draft appearance rates.
- Basic/classic neutral minion: .5x
- Non-basic/classic neutral minion: 1x
- Most recent set neutral minion: 2x
- Basic class minion: 2x
- Basic class spell: 3.5x
- Non-basic/classic class minion: 2x
- Non-basic/classic class spell/weapon: 3.5x
- Most recent set class minion: 4x
- Most recent set class spell/weapon: 7x
- As part of our ongoing efforts to improve Class balance in the Arena, we are making small, periodic appearance rate adjustments to specific Arena cards.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to spectate without closing the Arena welcome message.
- Canceling Malfurion the Pestilent will no longer cause Armor to become invisible.
- Attacks with Lifesteal will no longer create excessive animations while Auchenai Soulpriest and Bolf Ramshield are on the board.
- Multi-target effects with Lifesteal now apply their healing as a single large heal, rather than individually.
- All Lifesteal effects now use the same, standardized, visual and sound effects.
- Combo effects can no longer target non-interactable minions such as Sherazin, Seed.
- Brann Bronzebeard will no longer grant double Lifesteal to Corpsetaker.
- Blingtron’s Battlecry will now trigger weapon Deathrattles when it occurs twice due to Brann Bronzebeard.
- Minions destroyed by Frostmourne will now be displayed on its enchantment banner.
- Losing durability from Sword of Justice will no longer sometimes cause Lifesteal to trigger.
- Deathstalker Rexxar’s Battlecry no longer benefits from effects on an equipped weapon, such as Poisonous or Lifesteal.
- Unwilling Sacrifice’s random targeting will no longer select an enemy Spellbender that has intercepted an Unwilling Sacrifice.
- Granting a Deathrattle to Scavenging Hyena, then playing Terrorscale Stalker on it will no longer give it +2/+1.
- Resolved a crash that could occur when playing a Quest spell that triggers Counterspell.
- Cards transformed by Golden Kobold will no longer sometimes be revealed to your opponent.
- The animation for Frost Nova will no longer play multiples times while Moorabi is on the board.
- Hovering over a Quest in progress as your turn starts will no longer cause cards that provide progress toward completing it to lose class specific border colors.
- Replacing a Cursed Blade with a Cursed Blade will no longer remove the ‘cursed’ animation on the Hero portrait.
- Application of the Bolster buff will no longer be slightly delayed on an eligible minion that was played last onto a full board.
- Joust and other card reveal effects will now function correctly if your deck contains 60 cards.
- Shiftcon: Minions with a Yellow glow will no longer retain it when they shift into a new minion.
- Tag Team: Resolved an issue that could cause the match to end prematurely when swapping Heroes.
- Decks Assemble: Resolved a crash that could occur when the turn ends while your opponent controls Jeeves.
- [Mobile] Fixed a bug where card tooltips would sometime appear at the edge of the screen and get cut off on mobile devices
- [Android] Region selection on Android tablets will no longer sometimes be blank.